Thursday, April 14, 2011

Barn Wood Wall




Ok folks, what you have all been waiting for.. THE barn wood wall. I am so happy with how it turned out. My dad is a so very talented. He is responsible for this masterpiece. As you can see we still need to put on outlet covers, baseboards, and accent it with some colored accessories. But as tough as a lesson as it is to learn, patience is a virtue. Oh and the door you see in the above photos is a work in progress. I am planning on stripping them and replacing my existing interior doors. Oh and I'm sure you are wondering about that adorable dress? My aunt gave me that sweet little number. She thinks it is pretty old but has no idea where it came from. It just showed up at her house one day. I wish that kind of stuff happened to me! But that is a whole other post.. Back to the barn wood!  Here are some pics from the process:


So this is kind of an awkward before & after. 
So sorry. I'm still new to this blog thing and I'm
not sure how to flip them just yet. :-/



Laying the first couple of layers. To get an even, consistent, flow of wood my dad first used a stud finder to locate all the studs on the wall. Then he drew a line (which you can barely see in the photo above) following the stud from the top to bottom. He then brick layered the wood all the way up the wall, using a nail gun, nailing only where the stud pencil lines were.



Here it is with a little spring accent. I officially love spring.







4 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. You should be so proud of yourself - you had the vision AND the follow through! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing. Was the process that simple? Do you mind sharing all the instructions step by step? . I heard from somebody that you need to strap the wall first. do you know if this is true?
    But it did not seem that you did that. It seems you just nailed the boards on the stud of wall.

    What kind of nails did you use? Did you nail it right on the boards and are the nails visible?

    ReplyDelete