Monday, May 23, 2011

New Shoes, Planning, & Packing

I have had an epiphany. 

I should wear comfortable shoes. 

People have been trying to sway me for years, but I guess it's one of those things I had to learn on my own.

We leave for Japan on Thursday(ah!) and I wanted to get some really comfy shoes to walk in and wear while I'm there.

So I found these:


They are Born brand, which I was hesitant on because I always thought only nurses and grandma's wore Born. Boy was I wrong. I don't know if I can ever go back to my little cheap-o flats from Target(no offense Target I will always be faithful to you, just maybe not for shoes anymore. Sorry.).
They are extremely comfortable, even though they are pretty tall. 


I did a little research yesterday on the happenings in Fukuoka, Japan while we are there.

On my birthday we are planning on going to the Edo Iris Ritual. The end of May is the best time to appreciate the shrine’s 100 different varieties of iris. A white-robed Shinto priest makes an offering of cut irises, and shrine maidens perform a beautiful dance. The best part is that it's free!


We are going to watch fireflies at the Firefly festival at the base of Mt. Mino.



Hopefully we will make it to the Waterfall Opening Festival. This festival features drum performances, lots of yummy food, and fishing. It all takes place among beautiful scenery that includes 300-year-old trees.

 The next few days are going to be crazy before we leave. Lots of work, cleaning, and packing.
I found an amazing packing list here
 if any of you are jet-setting this summer.

Have a beautiful Monday!

1 comment:

  1. My sister Marie pretty much only wears Born sandals. I have felt the same way as you - that only old boring people wear Borns - but I have seen some cute ones on her. I think yours are the cutest I've seen though - good job. I want some now.

    How long are you going to be in Japan?

    ReplyDelete